Monday, February 25, 2008

HOMESTEAD HARASSES TENANT RE SHOWER UPDATE FEB. 25, 2008

This is a follow-up to my original post, about being harassed by the landlord, because on the word of the super and the tenants in 401, I allegedly had taken an hour-long shower on February 21, 2008. In reality, much of that time, I was actually on the telephone, and there was no water running in my apartment at all!

I had a rather interesting little chat with the super, John Tame, today (Monday, February 25, 2008). For the second time in a few days, the tenant in 503 was playing music very loudly. I had telephoned the super at 2:18 p.m. on February 22. Since they made the plumbing repair in the bathroom, the music is much louder than it would have been, prior to that repair being made.

On February 22, when I first called the super, he advised me that he did not hear the music in the hallway. I told him that it had been turned down or off, just prior to his arrival on the floor. I led him into the bathroom, explaining that the music was much louder in the 3rd bedroom, adding that it was most loud in the bathroom. I further explained that, because of the acoustics, the noise carried throughout the whole apartment. It sounded as though the shower was running in the next apartment. The bathroom in 503 is adjacent to my bathroom. The super commented that perhaps the tenant had been singing in the shower. Well, it was more than just singing. I had heard loud music.

Today, I telephoned him at 12:32 p.m., about the same apartment, (running water), and same loud music. I looked into the hallway at 12:35 p.m. and saw him walking towards the door to 503, stopping there briefly, then advancing towards my door. He knocked at my door, before I got a chance to open it. He said that he did not hear the music. In the hallway, I could hear it faintly.

He entered my apartment. I led him to the bathroom. My bathroom door was closed as it was the other day, and the music was still quite loud throughout the whole apartment. He could hear it then.

On his way out, he advised me "I have to be right on top of it" to hear it, adding that he "used to operate heavy machinery". The statements I made in quotation marks are his verbatim remarks to me. IN LIGHT OF THIS VERY INTERESTING DEVELOPMENT, how can he be relied upon, when a tenant reports a loud noise complaint??? He has told me a few times, that he has not heard the altercations/loud music in 401.

Today, through the peephole, I had watched him stand right by the door to 503, yet he did not hear the very loud music! How then, could he have possibly heard running water in my apartment on February 21st??? As I stated in my original blog, many weeks before when the super asked me one day whether I had heard running water, I conducted a test. I turned on the faucet in the bathtub, which is the loudest, and left the bathroom door open. I then went outside into the hallway, with the door closed. I could not hear running water "outside" the apartment, but prior to that, I could hear it "inside" the apartment.

My hearing is nearly perfect. When I had it last tested, I had only a very minimal loss of hearing, and then only to sounds at a very high pitch. If I could not hear it, then with his apparent and self-admitted hearing loss, how could he have heard running water in my apartment? I reiterate from my original post that, when he was at my door, it was impossible for him to have heard running water, when I had been on the phone for just over 35 minutes, and had been out of the shower at least 10 minutes prior to calling her. When I mentioned that to him, he stated that he had been at my door 50 minutes earlier, at 6:00 p.m., at which time he allegedly heard it. Also note from the original post, when he came to my door at 6:50 p.m., he advised me that he had just then heard the running water.

Who is telling lies here???

For More Information on How Homestead Land Holdings Ltd. really treats its tenants, especially those who cannot defend themselves, please visit:

http://kingstonkittens5.blogspot.com/

http://terrorizethetenant.blogspot.com/

http://homesteadlandholdingsltd.blogspot.com/

Posted by Kitten at 10:29 AM 0 comments Links to this post

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that something else.

Anonymous said...

So you have had to put up with months of having your life interrupted by the noisy neighbours because their employee has a hearing deficit. They really do care about their tenants, like not. You are the victim here. They are not only sticking in the knife. They are turning it too.

Anonymous said...

How can a super be any good to take care of noise complaints if he can't hear them?

Anonymous said...

So this super is deaf and obviously an idiot. What was he thinking to pound on your door and listen to those turds downstairs. "Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely". It was true in the times of Lord Acton and is even more true today. When you are as big and rich as Homestead, you own most if not all the politicians (Hi John G in Ontario), the building inspectors, the Landlord/Tenant boards (LTB Ontario), Ministry officials, everyone and anyone who can further your cause. That is why you get away with so much, like harassing and intimidating tenants, especially those who can't defend themselves. You lie and cheat. We all pray that Satan has his version of a luxury condo waiting for you some day. You all earned it.

Anonymous said...

That was a very good idea putting those links in the blog. After all this time you find out that the super has a hearing problem and has to be "on top of it" to hear noise when you file a noise complaint. What the hell did they think you were doing? Where there is smoke there is fire. When a tenant who does not make noise calls there is noise. That's just common sense. Giving you grief over taking a shower is totally idiotic. Sounds to me and everyone who reads your blog thatCould it be that Homestead is trying to get rid of you because you whipped their ass in 2006 at ORHT when they tried to evict you because of your original blog? I am guessing by what I have read that they have been harassing you ever since. They appear to be working very hard at it. Sounds like a big case of SLUMLORD SOUR GRAPES to me. They are trying to force you out.

Anonymous said...

That is intriguing indeed. A person who is supposed to hear these loud noises himself can't hear them unless he is on top of them. That's not fair to you or other tenants. Then again that is to their advantage. If he doesn't hear the noise and can't be a witness to it, then in their little minds they have a legitimate excuse to not act on any noise complaints. Not that they take real action on noise complaints. It is just better if they have a really good excuse. After all, they want to just cash in those big rent cheques and do as little as possible in return.

I made a comment below but here it is again: This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have read. Whose business is it how long you are in the shower. Besides, if there is a plumbing problem then it is not your problem, even if it is noisy. You have no authority or responsibility to fix it. Since you've been there so long you should be used to that behavior by now. The other things though really do sound like they are trying to get to you and force you out. You would have been there prior to the rent changes. If they can force you out of there, they can perform some bandaid patching and charge whatever they want for that place. Money is a strong motivator and no slumlord is more greedy.

Anonymous said...

So, he can't hear unless he is on top of it, but he can hear water running inside from that distance.

Anonymous said...

Why would you have to put up with that noise for many months. That's awful. Then you find out that the super has a hearing problem. Even worse. It's not your fault.

Anonymous said...

if the super is supposed to hear the noise if a tenant makes a complaint then what is the tenant supposed to do when the super has a hearing problem?

Anonymous said...

how are tenants supposed to be able to make noise complaints if the super doesn't hear them?