Thursday, February 21, 2008

HOMESTEAD HARASSES TENANT RE SHOWER

CAN A LANDLORD TELL A TENANT WHEN/HOW LONG TO SHOWER? IS IT LEGAL FOR A LANDLORD TO EXERCISE SUCH CONTROL OVER A TENANT???

HOMESTEAD LAND HOLDINGS IN KINGSTON, ONTARIO HAS SUNK TO A NEW ALL-TIME LOW, EVEN FOR THEM AS SLEAZY AS THEY ARE. THEY ARE ACCUSING ME OF TAKING A SHOWER, WHEN IN FACT THERE WAS NO RUNNING WATER IN MY APARTMENT, AT ALL, AT THE TIME. THEY ARE ACCUSING ME OF HAVING WATER RUNNING IN MY APARTMENT, WHEN THERE WAS NONE RUNNING.

Please view an updated post, I am making on Monday, February 25th. I think you will find it very interesting, considering what the super told me he can and cannot hear.

IS THIS SOMETHING THAT WILL BE CONDONED AND/OR SANCTIONED BY THE ONTARIO LANDLORD TENANT BOARD? ARE LANDLORDS ALLOWED TO TELL TENANTS WHEN AND FOR HOW LONG THEY MAY TAKE A SHOWER? IS THIS A VIOLATION OF MY HUMAN RIGHTS OR JUST AN INVASION OF MY PRIVACY?

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING E-MAIL, WHICH I SENT EARLIER TO THE RENTAL OFFICE ON JOHNSON ST. IN KINGSTON. SEE HOW THE SUPERINTENDENT BACKTRACKED AND TOLD ME A LIE ABOUT THE TIME HE WAS AT MY DOOR. THIS SUPER, JOHN TAME, IS ONE IDIOT. I'D LIKE TO HAVE A DOLLAR FOR EVERY TIME HE TURNS OFF HIS PAGER AND PRETENDS IT TURNED OFF ON ITS OWN. HE IS SO LAZY TOO. ALSO READ HOW HE ALLEGES THAT HE COULD HEAR WATER OUTSIDE MY DOOR FROM THE BATHROOM (SEE BELOW). YOU WILL SEE HOW RIDICULOUS THE LANDLORD IS BEING AND HOW FAR THEY WILL GO TO HARASS A FEMALE MIDDLE-AGED TENANT WHO LIVES ALONE.

I CAN LITERALLY AND HONESTLY PROVE THAT RUNNING WATER CANNOT BE HEARD OUTSIDE MY APARTMENT. I HAVE DONE THE TEST MYSELF. IT IS OVER 30 FEET AWAY, THERE ARE THE DINING ROOM AND KITCHEN A FIREWALL AND A HEAVY SOLID WOOD DOOR IN BETWEEN!!! I TURNED ON THE WATER FAUCET IN THE TUB, EVEN HIGHER VOLUME OF WATER THAN I EVER USE. I WENT OUTSIDE AND CLOSED THE APARTMENT DOOR. I COULD NOT HEAR A THING FROM INSIDE MY APARTMENT. I SWEAR THIS IS FACT. ANYONE CAN CHECK IT OUT FOR THEMSELVES. NOT ONLY IS JOHN TAME AN IDIOT, HE IS A BLATANT LIAR. YOU WILL ALSO SEE HOW HE LIED ABOUT THE TIME HE WAS AT MY DOOR.

HERE IS THE E-MAIL I SENT. I COPIED IT DIRECTLY FROM OUTLOOK EXPRESS:

----- Original Message -----
From: @hotmail.com
To: Cheryl Lambert ; Michael Terkalas ; homesteadkingston@cogeco.net
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:25 PM
Subject: Are you rationing time in the shower now? & I REPORTED ANOTHER ALTERCATION IN 401 TO JOHN AT 2:56 P.M. JUNE 20/08
Cheryl and Michael:

What the hell is going on here now? Your stupor was pounding on my door at 6:50 p.m. I had just gotten out of the shower a short time earlier and when he pounded on the door, I was on the telephone with my sister and had been on the telephone with her since 6:23 p.m. (she checked the time on her telephone's call display for me to confirm the exact time I called). I asked who was pounding at the door several times until he finally answered (I thought it could have been Cheryl's good little buddy, Gilbert again). I asked him to wait a second, until I threw on my bathrobe, before opening the door. He was asking whether anything was wrong, stating that the morons in 401 told him that I was running water in the bathroom for over an hour.

He not only told me that the morons in 401 were stating I was running water for over an hour, he also said that he heard it. Well, if he had come here directly from 401 AS HE SPECIFICALLY STATED HE HAD, and alleges that he DEFINITELY heard running water from my apartment, then there is no way that he had heard running water from my apartment (SEE THE TIMES ABOVE).

What the hell were they doing down in 401 anyway, especially since they are so noisy all the time themselves? Do they actually sit in the bathroom, timing me when they think I may be in the shower? KEEP IN MIND THAT THE BATHROOM IN THE NEXT APARTMENT (503) IS DIRECTLY BEHIND MY BATHROOM. PERHAPS SOMEONE IN THERE WAS USING THE SHOWER AS WELL OR RUNNING OTHER WATER, AND THE HILLBILLIES DOWNSTAIRS ARE TRYING TO DIVERT ATTENTION AWAY FROM THEMSELVES, BECAUSE OF ALL THE NOISE THEY MAKE. It seems to me that this is a case of them trying to get revenge on me, for the noise complaints made against them..

Like I stated, "What the hell"? For one thing, I was not in the shower anywhere near that length of time. Even if I was, which I was NOT, what the hell business if that of yours, your stupors, or anyone else? IS IT IN MY LEASE THAT YOU CAN TELL ME WHEN I MAY OR MAY NOT TAKE A SHOWER? ALSO IS IT IN THE LEASE, THAT YOU CAN YOU TELL ME HOW LONG I MAY TAKE IN THE SHOWER? I even asked him, facetiously, whether he thought I was so big that I would need that long to get clean in the shower. For another thing, are you water Nazis and dictating exactly how long a tenant can use their shower? We have received no notices to that effect. Is that the next step and how far do you intend to go, to try to control my personal affairs? If I had a visitor/guest or other tenant in this apartment, surely the shower would be used more frequently. How much time would the idiots in 401 have to then spend in their bathroom, listening to how long someone may be using the facilities in my apartment. I am the only person living here.

You are doing absolutely nothing about all the noise that these idiots make in 401. You have done nothing about the constant loud altercations that occur in that apartment on a daily, and even more frequent at times, basis. YET, your stupor will harass me about how long I am allegedly in the shower!!!

I telephoned the stupor at about 7:15 p.m., after realizing that there was no way he could have heard water running in my bathroom. I told him that, after he had asked me many weeks ago about something like that, I checked for myself. I went into my bathroom and ran water in the tub, leaving the bathroom door open. I went into the hallway and could not hear any running water. In fact, the next time I saw him after that, I advised him about how I had performed this experiment. He, at the time, told me that work had been done on the plumbing and nothing about what exactly could have caused the sound of running water the idiots in 401 had allegedly heard. I commented also that I had noticed that the water had been turned off several times, in the interim. It was my impression that this problem had been rectified.

When he was at my door at 6:50 p.m., he specifically told me that he had just then heard running water in my bathroom. When I told him that I had been on the phone since 6:23 p.m. and that I was out of the shower about 5 - 10 minutes prior to calling my sister, and that then there was no way he could have just heard water running in my bathroom, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO WATER RUNNING, he changed his story. He then told me that he had been here earlier (at 6:00) and had to go outside. Then he tried to say that he had heard the water running from the hallway at that time. HE COULD HAVE AT LEAST TRIED TO KEEP HIS STORY STRAIGHT AND GIVE ME AN HONEST ANSWER. WHEN I TOLD HIM IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO HEAR RUNNING WATER AT 6:50 P.M., HE CONVENIENTLY CHANGED HIS ACCOUNT OF THE EVENTS. I asked him, from where did he hear the running water. I think that is a reasonable and logical question to ask. He said that he could not say, it was a violation of tenant privacy. WHY WOULD HE NOT SAY EXACTLY WHERE THE WATER WAS RUNNING, IF HE WAS ACCUSING ME OF RUNNING THE WATER. UNLESS HE ALSO HEARD WATER FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE, THEN HOW WOULD IT BE A VIOLATION OF ANOTHER TENANT'S PRIVACY? ALSO, IF HE COULD NOT SAY, THEN I TAKE IT THAT HE COULD NOT DETERMINE WHERE THE WATER WAS RUNNING IN THE FIRST PLACE AND DECIDED TO HARASS ME. WHAT A BIG SURPRISE THAT IS. HARASS A MIDDLE-AGED WOMAN ON DISABILITY. THEN AGAIN, HISTORICALLY THAT IS WHAT YOU DO SO WELL AND THIS STUPOR APPEARS TO BE VERY WELL TRAINED IN YOUR COMPANY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES. HOW F'ING RIDICULOUS IS THAT? HE WAS TRYING TO ACCUSE ME OF RUNNING WATER WHEN I WAS IN FACT NOT. I told him that I thought he was lying.

I THEN asked him to come to my apartment right away, to perform the aforementioned experiment. I told him to come here immediately, upon which we would turn on the water in the bathroom, and listen for it outside the apartment door. He refused and said something along the lines of, have a good night, and hung up. IF HE WERE SO SURE THAT THE WATER HAD BEEN RUNNING IN MY APARTMENT, THEN HE SHOULD HAVE COME UP HERE AND LISTENED FOR HIMSELF, WITH ME AS A WITNESS, BUT HE REFUSED, WHICH MEANS TO ME THAT HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE PROVED WRONG.

Another point of interest, I had to telephone the stupor yesterday at 2:56 p.m. There was yet another loud altercation occurring in 401 and had been for some time. He told me that he would check it out. I told him that, while I was on the phone with him, I was not hearing anything, at that precise moment. Then I added that it was another reprieve, that could last for seconds or minutes, but that there is loud arguing going on there too frequently. I advised him that I am tired of hearing it.

I have sent COUNTLESS e-mails to you and filed many complaints over a period of months (since early November 2007) with the stupor about the noise and loud altercations in 401. YET, you do nothing about it. INSTEAD, he comes pounding on my door, because i may be taking a shower. THIS IS BLATANT HARASSMENT IN MY OPINION AND UTTERLY RIDICULOUS. I HAVE BEEN HERE SINCE AUGUST OF 1994. IN THAT TIME, THERE HAS NOT BEEN A SINGLE NOISE VIOLATION MADE AGAINST ME. I DON'T ARGUE AND SLAM DOORS. I HAVE NEVER PLAYED LOUD MUSIC OR HAD THE VOLUME ON THE TV SET HIGH. ANY GUESTS HAVE NEVER MADE NOISE DISTURBANCES. NEITHER I NOR ANY GUESTS OF MINE HAVE EVER HARASSED, INTIMIDATED, OR INTERFERED WITH THE DAILY ACTIVITIES OR LIVES OF ANY OTHER TENANTS. CONVERSELY, SOMEONE WHO CHERYL TRIES TO SAY WAS NOT GILBERT (who by the way is living here for months without a lease, because that would affect Dave's ODSP benefits) COMES POUNDING ON MY DOOR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT ON THE 17TH OF FEB., TERRIFYING ME, AND SHE TRIES TO SAY THAT, EVEN THOUGH ANOTHER TENANT SAW HIM GOING INTO 509, THAT IT WAS NOT HIM. I AM SURE THAT NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE ABOUT THAT SITUATION AND EVEN MORE SURE THAT NOTHING WILL BE DONE.

WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO, LET YOUR EMPLOYEE HARASS ME AND THEN NOT TEST THE FACT THAT RUNNING WATER CANNOT BE HEARD FROM MY BATHROOM INTO THE HALLWAY? AM I SUPPOSED TO LET YOU BULLIES WALK ALL OVER ME, ESPECIALLY OVER SOMETHING AS RIDICULOUS AS THIS? DO I HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER LAWYER OR CALL THE NEWSPAPERS LIKE I DID WHEN YOU HARASSED ME IN 2006? I AM SURE THEY WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THE FACT THAT A TENANT IS BEING ACCUSED OF TAKING A SHOWER!

SARAH ____, NORMANDY 501

Would you like to know more about how the largest private landlord in Canada actually treats it's tenants?

Find out at: http://homesteadlandholdings.blogspot.com/ OR

Go To: http://terrorizethetenant.blogspot.com/ OR

Go To: http://kingstonkittens5.blogspot.com/

45 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog. That is awful. Big business makes for big bullies.

Anonymous said...

Homestead is known as the worst landlord in the country. Are you surprised they are treating you this way?

Anonymous said...

those rich princes (i really mean icks lol) can get away with anything. the ontario landlord tenant board lets them do what ever they want and punishes the tenant. how many hillbillies live in 401 and how often do they shower? don't they disturb other tenants? why is no one complaining about them?

Anonymous said...

They have no respect for tenants at all and they do get away with anything and everything. When you are that rich you can buy all the public officials you want to manipulate and they obviously have.

Anonymous said...

They are known to lie about many things and always get away with it. They make up their own truth and that is gospel with LTB.

Anonymous said...

Sure they can harass female tenants. You must live alone, do you? You must also be cash poor or on a pension, welfare, disability, something like that. Those are their favorite victims. They are the ones who can't defend themselves and have no money to defend themselves. They also prey on senior citizens, especially widows. Your case is not unique. It is all too common.

Anonymous said...

Hi, read all 3 of the blogs that are linked. It seems that they are really putting the screws to you and harassing you. Definitely not in your imagination. Keep us posted would you? I have bookmarked you so I can keep an eye on it. I know someone at an agency that might be able to help. As for the alleged plumbing "emergency" it obviously was not an emergency if the work was done 6 days later. The plumbing noise, well that is not your problem or fault. You have no control over noisy plumbing. The landlord is the one who has control over noisy plumbing. They should have followed up on the door-banging especially since a witness saw the person who did it, run into another apartment, and then tell police what he saw. The person who is on the lease is responsible for the activities of guests. He should be reprimanded for it, not you. It appears that you have a strong case for filing a T2 application against the landlord. Many complaints about noisy neighbours over a 4 month period is ridiculous. They should have been evicted. You are the VICTIM here. Be sure to have all your documenting correspondence, to substantiate your case. I'll be in touch.

Anonymous said...

They are nothing but bullies. When you get that big, you do whatever the hell you want. The Lambert is one beeyatch though isn't she? Wonder who she had to bang to get her job?

Anonymous said...

Most of their supers barely even have a grade school education. Many are just thugs and drunks who couldn't get a real job. One thing they do know is how to lie and break the law. I think they need a police record to get a job.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how they can get away with that but the landlord tenant board is letting them get away with even more and more these days. Homestead is the original SLUMLORD and that lambert is the original ho.

Anonymous said...

its pretty damn bad when you can't take a shower in your own apartment without being harassed. they are real pricks at homestead.

Anonymous said...

It's an understatement to say they are harassing you. They are experts at harassing tenants. Looks like Lambert has it bad for you though. She has been letting those "hillbillies" you called them get away with evreything and you get it up the "A" for taking a shower. She is one sick bitch isn't she.

Anonymous said...

I read the other two blogs too. Are they ever harassing you. One would have to be blind to not see that. Seems like they are definitely trying to get rid of you. Of course, the LTB lets them get away with it. The company is owned by lawyers and as rich as they are, they must be very sleazy ones at that. They probably have more officials on their payroll than Kellogs has cornflakes.

Anonymous said...

I think they are going far beyond harassment. You should get a lawyer or contact legal aid. This is riduculous.

Anonymous said...

Thye really are trying to get rid of you arent' they? I agree with concerned tenant advocate and all the other commenters, like in the other one, I wouldn't doubt they are letting Gilbert live there rent-free to intimidate and harass you. They are definitely sleazy and liars. Well the company is owned by a sheister so what do you expect. It's a known fact that they own all the politicians and officials so they can get away with everything. No one there knows how to tell the truth.

Anonymous said...

It seems to be that they are definitely trying to get rid of you which is why they are harassing you mercilessly.

Anonymous said...

They are really out to get you! There is no doubt that they are harassing you and trying to force you out. You have no control over the plumbing or noises it makes. It is the responsibility of the landlord to ensure that the plumbing and everything else is working properly.

Anonymous said...

If there is a problem with noisy plumbing you have nothing to do with that. It is their fault for not maintaining it properly. You should be able to take a shower whenever you choose to.

Anonymous said...

What do they have against you? They are really harassing and intimidating you. Homestead is very well known for using these tactics against their tenants. They get away with everything because the old ORHT and now Landlord Tenant Board lets them.

Anonymous said...

This is nonsense. Homestead is obviously harassing you. It's pretty damned bad when you can't take a shower in your own apartment. It's even worse when they let noisy neighbours get away with so much for so many months.

Anonymous said...

Harassment, harassment, harassment, plain and simple. You'd have to be an idiot to think that this is not a clear case of harassment. That stupor is an idiot lol. Where did they find that moron anyway.

Anonymous said...

harassment is an understatement. they are going overboard. what the hell? pretty bad when you can't take a shower without being harassed. those "hillbillies" as you call them have been making noise for months and you get jumped on for taking a shower. friggin morons is all I can say. morons and bullies.

Anonymous said...

you pay your rent, that pays for the water so you should be able to have a shower. you are a good tenant yet you are harassed. they love to pick on and abuse the weak who can't help. someone in one of these blogs said that lambert's a dom. sure does sound like it doesn't it. that's consistent with the way you are being treated. Many people in Ont. know how bad homestead is as a landlord. they are true slumlords. i'm not surprised that they are allowing this to go on. sounds like they are really harassing you and picking on you and like others said trying to get rid of you.

Anonymous said...

What are they now the shower police? Bunch of idiots if you ask me. What's next? I've read the other comments and I agree with everyone. They are harassing you.

Anonymous said...

that may be a new low even for those dicks and sheisters at HLH. they've had the heat turned down all winter but they've been doing that for years too. no good complaining about it they just tell you to move or get electric heater. even worse to complain to property standards because HLH owns them too.

Anonymous said...

Nothing like being accused of being too clean lol. It is obvious like every else is saying that you are being harassed. I saw your other post and thought that was something else. So your super has a hearing problem. And they are harassing you.

Anonymous said...

So the super has a hearing problem. That should be their problem not yours. You shouldn't have to suffer because of it. They never do anything by the book unless it is to their advantage. I have read your other blogs about them. They seem to really be doing whatever they can to harass and intimidate you.

Anonymous said...

If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny in a way. The super has a hearing problem. The worst thing about it is the stuff that you have had to put up with. If he couldnt' hear loud music outside the other apartment then how could he have heard running water in your apartment, from so far away?

Anonymous said...

Now that is the worst BS I have ever heard. If the plumbing is noisy that is their fault. You can't do anything about that at all. They have no right to tell you how long you can take in the shower. Ya it sounds like they are trying to force you out and are pulling every dirty little trick to do it. They are definitely doing every thing they can to intimidate and strongarm you.

Anonymous said...

It appears that this tenant in 401 is trying to divert attention from himself and any complaints against him. It also appears that homestead is taking advantage of this to pick on you and harass you. They have the worst rep as a slumlord and have even gone to a new low in trying to intimidate and harass a tenant.

Anonymous said...

This is just too outrageous. How can a tenant be held responsible for something that she or he has absolutely no control over? The tenant only rents the building. If there's a problem with the plumbing then the landlord is supposed to fix it.

Why is homestead not doing something about the noisy neighbor in 401. Four months is one day short of four months too often. This person has been there for nearly 14 years without a single noise complaint against her. The morons try to turn the tables on her by crying boo hoo hoo she took a shower and we don't like it. F you. You "hillbilly" (I like that lol) misfits should be shipped off.

Anonymous said...

When did it become illegal to take a shower and who cares how long it takes. It is no one's business but yours. If the plumbing's too loud that's not your fault or problem. "Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely". It was true in the times of Lord Acton and is even more true today. When you are as big and rich as Homestead, you own most if not all the politicians (Hi John G in Ontario), the building inspectors, the Landlord/Tenant boards (LTB Ontario), Ministry officials, everyone and anyone who can further your cause. That is why you get away with so much, like harassing and intimidating tenants, especially those who can't defend themselves. You lie and cheat. We all pray that Satan has his version of a luxury condo waiting for you some day. You all earned it.

Anonymous said...

Why is homestead bullying you when they should be booting out those noisy pr__cks below you? Why, cause it is much easier to bully and intimidate a woman who lives alone than when there is a man in the house. Bullying tenants is what they know best.

Anonymous said...

What's this BS about not being allowed to shower. That's pretty extreme isn't it? Another example of how much of a bully Homestead really is. I forgot to add that to my comment earlier.

Anonymous said...

That was a very good idea putting those links in the blog. After all this time you find out that the super has a hearing problem and has to be "on top of it" to hear noise when you file a noise complaint. What the hell did they think you were doing? Where there is smoke there is fire. When a tenant who does not make noise calls there is noise. That's just common sense. Giving you grief over taking a shower is totally idiotic. Sounds to me and everyone who reads your blog thatCould it be that Homestead is trying to get rid of you because you whipped their ass in 2006 at ORHT when they tried to evict you because of your original blog? I am guessing by what I have read that they have been harassing you ever since. They appear to be working very hard at it. Sounds like a big case of SLUMLORD SOUR GRAPES to me. They are trying to force you out.

Anonymous said...

About someone else's comment. I liked how that person said they accused you of being clean, lol. That was a very good idea putting those links in the blog. After all this time you find out that the super has a hearing problem and has to be "on top of it" to hear noise when you file a noise complaint. What the hell did they think you were doing? Where there is smoke there is fire. When a tenant who does not make noise calls there is noise. That's just common sense. Giving you grief over taking a shower is totally idiotic. Sounds to me and everyone who reads your blog thatCould it be that Homestead is trying to get rid of you because you whipped their ass in 2006 at ORHT when they tried to evict you because of your original blog? I am guessing by what I have read that they have been harassing you ever since. They appear to be working very hard at it. Sounds like a big case of SLUMLORD SOUR GRAPES to me. They are trying to force you out.

Anonymous said...

This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have read. Whose business is it how long you are in the shower. Besides, if there is a plumbing problem then it is not your problem, even if it is noisy. You have no authority or responsibility to fix it. Since you've been there so long you should be used to that behavior by now. The other things though really do sound like they are trying to get to you and force you out. You would have been there prior to the rent changes. If they can force you out of there, they can perform some bandaid patching and charge whatever they want for that place. Money is a strong motivator and no slumlord is more greedy.

Anonymous said...

I read above that the super can't hear and here that he gave 2 stories about the time he was supposed to have heard water running. How stupid is all that?

Anonymous said...

well it's pretty bad when you can't take a shower without being harassed or criticized.

Anonymous said...

since when it is allowed for landlords to harass tenants about whether they take a shower. its none of their business. maybe they want all tenants to shower together and save water. will they cut that service off if they think a tenant is too clean?

Anonymous said...

Big Brother is rampant and his name is Homestead Land Holdings Ltd. That is so sick that you can't take a shower without being harassed. I agree with others that noisy plumbing is their problem not yours and they should fix it instead of harassing you.

Anonymous said...

To bathe or not to bathe, that is the question. Or what was the question. Those idiots trying to tell you when and how long you can shower.

Anonymous said...

I don't see how it is anyone's business when you shower or how long you are in there. Not only that, if the plumbing is noisy it's their fault not yours.

Anonymous said...

I think the landlord is being a jerk with you and trying to force you out. Noisy plumbing is their responsibility not yours.

Anonymous said...

sounds like your noise complaints were falling on deaf ears literally and in many ways cause the landlord did nothing about them